Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Bridge

My daughter is probably the smartest person I know. I learn so much from her. I am terrified of heights, water, bridges, snakes etc. So a lot of things in other words. Kelsey has to go to heart clinic every 3 months to make sure everything is functioning the way it should be. So at least twice every 3months I have to go over a bridge to get to Louisville. I always drive in the center lane and I have to be behind a vehicle so I can stare at their license plate. Kelsey looked at me one day and said that my faith amazes her BUT......she doesn't understand if I trust God so much why was I afraid to drive over a stupid bridge. She said if something happens on the bridge God allowed for it happen and there is nothing I can do about it. How very true. I trust God with so much except for when it comes to me. I trust Him to take care of my family and friends but why do I have so little faith when it comes to Him taking care of me? Maybe I think I am not worthy of His attention and that is sooo foolish. He loves me and He died for me just like He did all of us. I am still not 100% OK with driving over a bridge but I am not near as terrified. Thanks for the eye opener seester. I love you mostest :)

3 comments:

  1. OM Gosh- first of all she is sooooo right!! Second I did the same thing-When driving over the Louisville bridge I had to be in the middle lane and everyone in the car had to be quite! I am a little better now-but still hate them. One day I went with my mom and aunt to Louisville-I was driving and I was determined Id do it! Well I got over the bridge and mom told me to go the wrong way--so over another bridge I had to go-- and then turn around and come back over it.....they thought it was funny-- me not so much. I will think of Kelsey now everytime!!! But she is RIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA, insight from a 17 year old!! She's totally right, though. WHO says we can't learn from the young??

    Thanks for the prayers on Monday, they worked! My doctor was nearly positive it was going to be bad... wonder what made it change within an hour? Hmmmmmmm.........

    Prayer warriors ROCK!

    ReplyDelete