Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Smell of Happy

One day at school Kelsey was telling her friends how good her jacket smelt. She couldn't figure out what it smelled like though. One of her friends smelled it and they said it smelled like her home. It is not one definite scent. It reminded Kelsey of her home and of me. So she calls the scent happy. There is nothing more important to me than for Kelsey and Sam to look back on their childhood and have happy memories. I want them to remember that even though I am far from perfect they know that I always love them. I want to build my children up- not tear them down like some parents do. I want them to know that not only do I love them I also like them. I have seen the true colors of my children and they both have great character. I will never understand for the life of me why some people have families that are so quick with an insult but so slow with a kind word. We are all on this earth for one reason only. For the purpose of God. God is love so that should start with our own families. We are to bring people to the kingdom. Not cause so much hurt that another person needs to be in therapy because of their childhood. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. That means treating each other with love, kindness, compassion and respect.

1 comment:

  1. Ive always loved that smell:)
    Not so anonymous Lacey

    ReplyDelete