Saturday, January 10, 2009

Paranoid!

Ok this is my first post and it is about being a paranoid mom. I am working at my video store tonight and this customer comes in talking about Kelsey. He is just telling me how he picks on her because she won't talk to him. (Kelsey is very quite and reserved until you make her "list" and then she doesn't shut up.) Anyhoo we are just joking around about her and I tell him that she went to a movie with some friends and her boyfriend. He's like are you sure. That's what we always told our parents too. Until tonight it never even occured to me that she would do something I wouldn't approve of. Kelsey has her own life journey to go on though. I refuse to be the kind of mom who constantly undermines their child and their independence. The reality is she is about to turn 17. She wants to go to college and be a psychologist. When she was 2 years old she was giving me and my friends advice so she has only gotten better with age and experience. I think I will forget about the doubts this guy put in my mind and trust my daughter.
"Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so since when do you have your own video store, am I missing something?? Ok, now that I picked myself off the floor, I think you are right, trust her! She is pretty much an adult now and you just have to!

    Great work on the first post, can't wait to see more! xoxo Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH KRIS!!! GREAT JOB!! LOVE IT!! Love the Mikesms!!! :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the other side!!!! So happy you started a blog and what a great name!!! You and Amy better be working when I am gone!!LOL!!! And I am sure Kelsey is right where she says she is-she is your daughter and you know her soooo well. Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Your Blog!!! You are so creative! Kelsey tells you everything...YOU are her best friend, don't sweat it!

    ReplyDelete