Saturday, March 7, 2009

POWER OF PRAYER

I want to thank everyone for lifting up Kelsey, me, Mike and Sam. Kelsey is in much better spirits today. She inspires me every day the way she fights through everything she deals with. On Friday I could not get my emotions under control though. I was literally having a panic attack. (sorry Amy but thanks for taking care of me. again.) Sometimes I just like to be in denial and pretend that everything is normal. That I don't have a daughter who has a chronic illness. I am so thankful to God that He still has work for her to do and did not call her home that May 19, 2005.
But sometimes it just hurts so bad to see her in pain and when she gets discouraged. She has so much stress in her life. Then I think about Sam and how close him and Kelsey are and I can't imagine how he feels. To have that fear. I have no idea how anyone handles life without Jesus Christ.

"Ask, and it will given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened unto you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened." Luke 11: 2-4

The video below is a song that Jessica Greene sang to Kelsey while she was in the ICU at Kosairs. Kelsey at the time was in a drug induced coma and when Jessica started singing this song to her she actually responded to her and started moving her arms around!! This song is so comforting to me because it reminds me of how near God is even in your darkest hour.

1 comment:

  1. Kris--- AMAZING! thats my word for you!!

    You do not have to apologize girl- you help me EVERY single day!! THANKS! Kelsey looked great Friday and was goofy as usual! :)

    AMEN to that sister- How can people do it without Jesus in their lives....man oh man!! I agree with you that she still has lots to do here on this earth and I just praise him for all that he does for us...

    Love the song by Jessica--is that Brandon with her? I forget

    The power of prayer is AWESOME!!
    Love you~ Amy

    ReplyDelete